[time-nuts] Re: 5061A HV Supply, et al. {External}

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 03:48:09 UTC 2022

Jim
Is the unit an option 004 tube? If so they ran the CS oven hotter for a
better signal to noise. That consumed the Cs faster. In my small
experience 004 tubes do seem depleted. Non-004s may have life in them and
the unit I call Frankenstein uses a DC oven and runs at a higher temp.
Boiling off the fumes. It still locks quite well even though I don't see
any beam current. Sort of can by doing unnatural things.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL