[time-nuts] Re: 5061A HV Supply, et al. {External}

Jim Muehlberg jmuehlbe at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 18 21:36:38 UTC 2022

Update:  After tearing into the A18 and finding nothing obvious, poking
prodding and testing, it decided to start working.  I hate it / love it
when that happens.  I suspect a clearance issue as when I reassembled it
I could hear it snap.  So I left the cover off.

Voltage at pin 4 is 4.4 unloaded and about 4 connected to the tube.  In
"CS Off", pump current is 1 on the scale.  Switching to "loop open" or
"operate" causes the meter to peg and pin 4 goes to 0 or less.  Return
to CS off, and the power supply recovers in about 20 seconds to about 4
volts.

I'll leave it on over the weekend and sort through the embers on Monday.

Jim

--

Jim Muehlberg
Senior Engineer