[time-nuts] Re: 5061A HV Supply, et al. {External}

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 03:00:25 UTC 2022

Yup good progress.
Corby discussed this in the thread. Thats the crud burst I mentioned as the
ionizer comes on and releases accumulated dead Cs. The system will keep
toggling on and off. The key is that over time it will stay on longer and
longer as the crud clears. Finally (Fingers crossed) staying on.
You can also cheat given you are the NRAO. With the loop open adjust the
internal 5 MHz osc as close as possible to one of your very good references
after the 5 MHz osc has warmed up for a few hours.
When everything is staying on. Close the loop/Operate and with a drop of
luck you may see some beam current and then second harmonic. At that point
Look at EFC you may be locked. Press the logic reset button. Green light?
Your operating.
Watch out for the lights over time the pin flattens on the lamp and may not
make connection. A drop of solder/heat will reform the base. Or the bulb
can simply be burned out.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL