[time-nuts] Re: Oncore UT+ Synergy SSR-VP/UT replacement

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Fri Nov 25 22:59:23 UTC 2022

   Tom -
   In August, I e-mailed Art Sepin at Synergy to discuss this offering and
   order a replacement GPS Board for my Symmetricom 58503B GPS Time and
   Frequency Reference Receiver. While the 58503B receiver can correct for
   the internal GPS receiver WNRO issue, I desired faster TTFF and better
   sensitivity.  “Time for an update”.
   My 58503B receiver already had a Motorola M12+ receiver with a Goshay
   adapter board.  Bill Goshay was an engineering manager at Datum/Efratom
   in Irvine, CA and founded his own company after its merger with
   Symmetricom.
   Art Sepin did say that an early order was for a HP/Symmetricom 58503B,
   and reported to work.
   I ordered Synergy P/N 16U54524G-R5 , SSR-UT+/S (Straight MCX) GNSS
   Receiver
   in August 2022.
   preview.png
   [1]SSR-VP_UT-Single-Board-Datasheet-062922
   [2]PDF Document · 408 KB
   Due to the current part shortages and delays (u-Blox SSR-series
   receiver & EEPROM),
   I hope to receive this replacement Synergy board in 1Q 2023.
   greg, w9gb
   ===