[time-nuts] Long term stable environmental sensors

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Nov 29 09:01:55 UTC 2022

Moin,

I have been monitoring my lab with a homebrew sensor board based on a BME280
combined temp/hum/pressure sensor from Bosch. Unfortunately, the sensor seems
to have quite some drift. Now, 4 years later, one of them shows 30°C when
every other thermometer in the room shows ~22°C. And as temperature is
needed to for compensation of the other measurements, I can't trust those
either.

So, now I'm about to design and build a new system that has better long
terms stability.

At the moment I think I will go with separate sensors for temp, humidity
and pressure. Temperature is "easy", a PT100 will do the job nicely.
For humidity, there is the SHT line from Sensirion that is well known.
But I don't know of any decent absolute pressure sensor that is long-term
stable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Does someone know a pressure sensor that is long-term stable?

				Attila Kinali

--
The driving force behind research is the question: "Why?"
There are things we don't understand and things we always