[time-nuts] Re: What everyday uses are there for accurate clocks?

Bill Notfaded notfaded1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:04:18 UTC 2022

I think some may be missing one of the main reasons...  GPS was initially
created for one main reason.  To more accurately locate, track, and
potentially eliminate adversaries.  We love all the side benefits but our
system and competing countries, for the most part, have one primary use
case.  Today for us in the US it's M-code and BlockIII satellites to
advance our positioning.  A-PNT aka assured position navigation and timing
are the focus.  How do we defend against jamming, spoofing, or compete
denial of our beloved GPS sat signals and make sure they're distributed in
a denied environment?  🤔

Bill