[time-nuts] Re: Long term stable environmental sensors

frank.stellmach at freenet.de frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Tue Nov 29 13:04:44 UTC 2022

Hello Attila,

first off, I did not investigate on this type of components deeply.

Anyhow, after reading the datasheet, this interesting BME280 from BOSCH seems to be defect, instead of having drifted.\
Therefore I would suggest to simply replace that component, which is quite cheap.

For thermodynamic aspects it’s not well suited for responsive T and rH measurements, as the air has to diffuse into that small hole.

In my lab (DCV metrology with 3458A) I use meanwhile a UT330C data logger, which has 3 discrete sensors built in. For T they use a precision SMD NTC, evidently.\
The case allows better air flow over the sensors.

Maybe you search for such a solution instead.

Frank