[time-nuts] Re: What everyday uses are there for accurate clocks?

Peter O'Reilly poreilly66 at outlook.com
Tue Nov 29 18:34:03 UTC 2022

Hello,

Sync-Ethernet and PTP is used in 5G and other networks, such as stock exchanges (High frequency trading, where computers automatically make decisions regarding trades). G.8275.1 seems to be choice now.
I hope no one minds but the book is very good and covers these topics very well..

https://www.ciscopress.com/store/synchronizing-5g-mobile-networks-9780136836254

regards,

Peter

On 29/11/2022, 15:28, "Eric Scace via time-nuts" <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

    PTP is used in digital radio and TV studios and in the distribution of studio programming to transmitter sites.

    Sent from my iPhone