[time-nuts] Re: Trimble 4000 RL

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Oct 2 20:40:26 UTC 2022

Hi

The 4000 is a *very* old device. It went past the “no longer supported” point
back in the 90’s. Any of the updates would require a service contract that was
in place for that update ( for the serial number of that device ). Any firmware
that fixed roll over would now be into its second rollover ( = still a problem today).

Even with an update, there are hardware issues with this era of device. Simply
getting them to run is non-trivial.

Last time I saw a 4000 it was < $100 ( delivered ) on eBay. That was a long while
ago. The price was based on these things being an issue. No I have absolutely
no idea what version FW mine has in it …. ( they are cheap , let’s see how they
do ….).

Simple answer: Run an external piece of software to correct the issue. It’s by far
the simplest solution. ( no, it’s not trivial ….. )

Bob