[time-nuts] Re: HP atomic clocks . The cesium tubes in them are no longer any good,

vilgotch1 at gmail.com vilgotch1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:33:01 UTC 2022

> > I probably could discipline the internal 5 MHz to an external GPS
>
> > Lester B Veenstra  K1YCM  MØYCM  W8YCM   6Y6Y
> > lester at veenstras.com
>
>**************************
I have a 5061A here that has been running for years with a Brooks Shera
GPS disciplining system built into the battery compartment. I have
arranged it so that the Cs can still be used as the Cs tube was still OK
last time I had it on but clearly it's getting pretty old now. One thing
I have found with these devices is that the ion pump power unit is prone
to fail. I have repaired one or two - usually the 100M resistor in there
is the problem. I'm down here in Australia where replacements are hard
to find so if anyone is parting out a unit with a worn out tube I'd
appreciate a chance to obtain the ion pump supply module.

73, Morris Odell VK3DOC
Melbourne, Australia