[time-nuts] SRS FS740 in action: Emitter localization of UAVs via distributed receivers

Carsten Andrich carsten.andrich at tu-ilmenau.de
Sat Oct 15 19:01:08 UTC 2022

Fellow time nuts,

on several occasions I've mentioned our use of SRS FS740 GNSSDOs for
synchronization of multiple spatially distributed receivers, i.e.,
common-view time transfer. We've just submitted a paper on our most
recent measurement campaign for emitter localization of UAVs relying on
said synchronization. With post-processing, we achieve better than (0.5
ns)^2 synchronization error variance between two receivers separated by
1.25 km. The pre-print is freely available: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2210.07168

Best regards,
Carsten