[time-nuts] Re: 3-Cornered Hat fails with negative variances, is there anything I can to to improve?

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:20:36 UTC 2022

Hello Time-Nuts,

Bob's comment, "Down in the typical DIY basement, doing all that “stuff”
may not be very easy ….." struck a nerve.  Two pictures are attached.  I
call it RUFUS - RUbidium Frequency Ultra Stable.  Inside the vacuum chamber
is an LPRO-101 mounted to that massive aluminum lid.  The chamber is
temperature controlled via the kapton heaters around the circumference and
the power supply is a slightly modified Acopian Gold Box 'A' series unit.

The rubidium EFC is brought out, but usually not driven.  Most often it is
run open loop with adjustments to the C-field (which has also been brought
out of the chamber) every couple of months.  It runs very well, and at the
pressure I keep it has very little aging.

RUFUS lives under the stairs in the basement.

Regards,
Skip Withrow