[time-nuts] Fwd: Syncserver S300 LFR 60 kHz WVVB

Todd Smith tssmith2002 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:31:57 UTC 2022

I inherited these two units at work and they haven't been looked at for a
long time since they just work.  I ordered two replacement M12M receivers
from Jackson Labs to deal with the GPS rollover coming up in Sept for these
units.

I was looking at the modem logs and it looks like the USNO modem line in DC
is down.  It rings but doesn't pick up.  I didn't see a way to report that
from the website.  I updated the numbers to NIST and to the working USNO
number in CO.

The LFR and GPS antenna are already run and are working.  I know that I can
use GPS but I wanted to have all timing options running for backups or to
protect from GPS failure or spoofing.

I would very much like to see what options are available to either modify
the existing LFR board or put something in front of it that can send it the
correct 60kHz signal.

I know that it is not necessary but I like things working on my watch.

Thanks for your help.
Todd