[time-nuts] Re: Soviet mechanical space program clock

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Fri Sep 2 15:14:17 UTC 2022

 From their website

The Clock is equipped with both built-in autonomous pulse generator and
external high stability pulse in- put. The external pulses may come from
either the АПВУ (Program-Timing Control Equipment) or KЛ110 TV unit.
During launch/injection and autonomous orbital flight phases the БЧК is
time synchronized with the АПВУ (Program-Timing Control Equipment).
When the БЧК is time synchronized with the built-in generator the error
is no more than 30 sec. a day. The external pulse time synchronized БЧК
maximal error is 4.5 sec.

Erik.