[time-nuts] Re: how much is my router influencing time-keeping, over the network

Hendrik don_hendi at gmx.de
Fri Sep 16 04:57:25 UTC 2022

> Hi,
>
> For fun I'm developing a router for HAM packet networks. What it does is
> route AX.25 packets between radios and tunnels (it can also bridge- and
> filter them).

Hi Folkert,

isn't such a router a perfect place to add a long-missing time
distribution feature for ax.25 (or fx.25), like adding a a ultraQoSly UI
timestamp frame which is not suffering from those pesky persistence and
timer games and predicting its own timestamp for the moment its last bit
drops out of the rx-side modem at known datarate?

Regarding your measurement, at least you should be able to find out some
of your propagation times from timestamped logs of course to figure out
I to RR frame delays etc.

vy 73,

Hendrik