[time-nuts] Re: ublox gnss receiver data

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:14:27 UTC 2022

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 7:22 AM Luiz Paulo Damaceno via time-nuts
<time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> For the tests, I've processed .ubx raw data, then RINEX 3.04 data with
> RTKCONV present at RTKLib software. After that,  I was able to see the
> following RINEX observation types:
>
> G    4 C1C L1C C2X L2X                                      SYS / # / OBS
> TYPES
> R    4 C1C L1C C2C L2C                                      SYS / # / OBS
> TYPES
> E    4 C1X L1X C7X L7X                                      SYS / # / OBS
> TYPES
> C    4 C2I L2I C7I L7I                                      SYS / # / OBS
> TYPES
>
> The main question is: why L2 data for GPS is classified by "X" for code and
> phase?

Tim Everett's version of rtkconv combines multiple code observations
on a single frequency under 'X', as a work around for processing
problems in rtklib. If you want to keep the original codes then you
need to pass the -MULTICODE option. Further details are available here
https://rtklibexplorer.wordpress.com/2021/05/16/using-u-blox-receiver-options-in-rtklib/