[time-nuts] Re: Racal Dana 1992 - issues reading data from GPIB?

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:04:01 UTC 2023

The service manual for the 1991 (I assume the 1992 is similar) describes
how to check out the GPIB interface using a series of examples conducted on
an HP85. It doesn't mention any unusual settings but the process followed
may result in the HP85 asserting particular controls : not all setups will
do the same, as the GPIB commands contain some redundancy.

However, the HP85 is a good example even if you don't have one, as it was
used as an instrument controller for years. If you need details of what it
does on the bus, ask in another group, https://groups.io/g/hpseries80 which
is dedicated to the HP85 and related systems.