[time-nuts] Re: Domestic time pulse transmission

Busyspin mark.priest at busyspin.org
Fri Aug 4 14:35:48 UTC 2023

Hi, John.

A co-worker of mine measured the 1pps from a grandfather clock by placing a Raspberry Pi nearby and using a microphone to “listen” for the sound the pendulum makes when it emits the “pulse”. He tweaked the code until it was spot on to the pendulum swing and then could route the pulse from there using TCP/IP from that Raspberry Pi to anywhere.

-Mark