[time-nuts] Some questions from a new joiner

Jack Winch sunt.un.morcov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:04:55 UTC 2023

Hello folks,

This is my first email to the list. I first became aware of the group
during my mid-teens, when I came across some fascinating and
informative material created by various members of the group (almost a
decade ago now, whelp). Since then, I have been utterly bitten by the
‘time-nut’ bug.

By becoming active on the list, I hope to continue my learning and
hopefully give back to a group from which I have learnt so much. So
thank you to those who have shared their knowledge over the years –
you helped inspire and shape the future of a young Engineer.

A couple of starter questions:

I am currently trying to source a copy of ‘The Measurement of Time:
Time, Frequency and the Atomic Clock’ by Audoin & Guinot. Is there
anyone on the list selling a copy and who can ship internationally (to
Eastern Europe)? I will obviously cover any P&P costs.

Also, has anyone ever paired up one of the Leo Bodnar GPSDSOs and a
TARP TICC for testing low-rate time intervals? If so, do you have any
data on the characteristics of the setup?

Thanks,
Jack