[time-nuts] Z3801A help!

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Thu Aug 17 22:55:24 UTC 2023

I have a Z3801A GPSDO that has been running fine for well over 10 years.
It recently lost the lock indication and I can't get it back! I did look
at the work around to fix the problem with the outer oven controller
getting confused and it did not fix my problem. However it did show that
the outer oven was not powering on, even if I supplied the workaround
pull up described. With 0v supplied the oven is supposed to be off and
with +5V supplied the oven should be on. With the 5V applies the oven
voltage is zero. I did notice that the resistors R112 and R113 near P2 on
the top board seem odd. R112 looks to be soldered very poorly and R113 is
missing completely!  Does anyone have an opened up unit or the top board
loose so they can let me know what R112 and R113 are supposed to look
like? The schematic I have does not show R113. Appreciate it and any
advice. When the unit failed it did seem as it was still in lock and on
frequency but with no lock indicator.

Cheers,

Corby