[time-nuts] Re: FTS 1050 schematic needed

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 01:16:36 UTC 2023

Perry
I do not have schematics. But am willing to help to see if we can figure
out whats up.
I have the FTS so am familiar with that unit. Yours is newer. But maybe
some guessing can help.
On the 4050 there is a power supply and space for batteries. The 120 VAC
comes into a linear supply and is converted to 24 V.
That charges the batteries and runs the Cesium. There are branches off of
the supply for the alarms as I recall regulated to 15V.
On the 4050 the 24 V goes into the cesium module. This was the point my
unit had failed. The electrolytics in the dc boost converter had leaked and
destroyed the board. As I figured out the boost converter takes 24V to 31V.
Fixing that with an external supply and everything worked.
Not saying thats your problem but at least a concept to consider.
Especially if you never find schematics.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL