[time-nuts] Re: Lucent RFTG-u

dschuecker Detlef.Schuecker at dschuecker.de
Fri Aug 25 08:44:54 UTC 2023

Hi,

I sample a periodic signal with 8 fold oversampling with regard to the
fundamental wave. I get less than 10Bit valid amplitude resolution. The
jitter of the sample clock is unknown. I want to measure the phase of
the fundamental with an accuracy in the range of 175e-6 radiant. I see
all kind of strange effects I cannot explain, I am at least factor 10
away from my target accuracy.

So my question: Could you give me some pointers to literature regarding
this problem, esp. conversion of amplitude noise to phase noise and
phase issues with ADCs.

Thank you

Cheers

Detlef Schücker