[time-nuts] Re: Spectracom 9383 and Software Project

timenuts at vlh.dk timenuts at vlh.dk
Sat Aug 26 15:06:08 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have a 9383 with GPS and OCXO, I did plan to open it up during my vacation
in 2 weeks time - to do a backup of the CF-card (and to change root and
factory passwords instead of trying to crack those with JohnTheRipper), and
to change the battery; I can take a few pictures of the internals of my
unit.

I don't know if serialnumber, core version, appl version from the system log
from last boot can tell you anything about what GPS-module it might be?

Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Unit Started.
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Spectracom Corp. Model hs92XX
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Software Version 3.6.7 Date:
10/24/2014
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] IRIG Version 9.02
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Serial Port 1 Version 2.03
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Serial Port 2 Version 2.03
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Remote Port 1 Version 2.03
Jan 1 00:00:01 chronos spectracom: [system] Remote Port 2 Version 2.03
Jan 1 00:00:02 chronos spectracom: [system] GPS Serial Number: 81408569
06/14/2010
Jan 1 00:00:02 chronos spectracom: [system] GPS Appl Version: 1.20
04/21/2010
Jan 1 00:00:02 chronos spectracom: [system] GPS Core Version: 1.26
04/21/2010
Jan 1 00:00:02 chronos spectracom: [system] GPS Serial Number: 81408569
06/14/2010
Jan 1 00:00:04 chronos spectracom: [system] GPS Startup or Reset
Jan 1 00:00:09 chronos spectracom: [system] Clock time source changed to GPS
Jan 1 00:03:12 chronos spectracom: [system] Clock entering sync.

Regards,
Kim Sindalsen