[time-nuts] Rubidium Frequency Standard Lamp

Leo Ahluwalia leoahluwalia12 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 16:54:33 UTC 2023

Hi, I posted here a few months ago about trying to make a rubidium
frequency standard (including the physics package). I was hoping anyone
might be able to help me with or point me in the right direction as to what
power supply this lamp uses (https://www.ebay.com/itm/134577166410), and
whether I would need to take any safety measures for the radiation it'll
emit. The papers it came with state to be cautious regarding the radiation,
and only on the power needed for pulsed operation of the unit. Also, I was
wondering if anyone had some good tips for making a Helmholtz coil at home
(one axis), for inducing the Zeeman effect in the vapor cell via a static
magnetic field?

Thanks, Leo