[time-nuts] Re: Kinemetrics Truetime 468-DC usability

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 20:43:17 UTC 2023

Don
Its totally worthless unless you like the 7 segment gas discharge display.
That can be readily connected to something with little effort.
Kind of a nice 1 RU box also.
The GOES signal that the dc468 used has been shut off since the 1990s.
I did build a GOES sig simulator and injected it into the decoder chain
using a modern GPS receiver.
Totally silly, but it worked. That also eliminated the troublesome antenna
down converter.
But unless you can pick it up for free without any shipping its useless.
I have seen them on auction sites for silly money and just wonder who might
buy such a thing.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL