[time-nuts] Re: Kinemetrics Truetime 468-DC usability

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Aug 31 20:36:44 UTC 2023

Hi

25 years is far enough back that the device may well have had an antenna with
a downconverter in it. This let them move a much lower frequency back to the
device. One result was a savings in cable cost. There still are a few folks that do
this.

Folks have done this or that to build an converter from scratch and mate it up
with a modern antenna. There is no fundamental reason why this can’t be done
for any device if the needed info is available.

Bob