[time-nuts] Kinemetrics Truetime 468-DC usability

D. Resor organlists1 at sonic.net
Thu Aug 31 19:23:46 UTC 2023

There is a very reasonably priced working Truetime 468-DC receiver available
for purchase.

I found and downloaded the Op/Installation guide.

I have tried searching for some answers via the internet but came up with no
definitive answers.

While searching for information concerning the GOES Satellite.  I was unable
to determine if the East/West frequencies 468.8250 MHz and 468.8375 MHz are
still in use.

According the manual there were two options for the GPS antenna, the A-468MS
or the A-468H.  Seems these are both more rare than hens teeth, and if found
can be very expensive.

Must one of these two above mentioned antenna models be used, or can
newer/later GPS antenna be installed instead?

Seems this unit does not suffer from the 25 year calendar roll-back.

Opening a can of worms here I'm sure, are there any other condemning
considerations I have overlooked?

Thank You

Don Resor