[time-nuts] Re: info on Tele Quarz Group 5 MHz oscillator?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Dec 11 15:44:50 UTC 2023

Hi

Ok, it’s pretty obvious that one of the 5 pins is hooked to the case. Typically that means it is the ground / supply return pin. On the most common pinout these days for that same package, the ground is in a different location. One of many examples of this pinout:

https://www.morion-us.com/catalog_pdf/mv89.pdf

As shown, all 5 pins have a specific function.

With no Vref there might be a ground pin at the Vref location. If there is another pin doing the “return” function, that should be pretty obvious with an ohmmeter test. This is pretty unlikely.

Supply wise, best guess is 12V, 24V would come in second. A distant third would be “something between 10 and 28V”.

Bob