[time-nuts] Re: pulling some crystals

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 12 00:00:37 UTC 2023

Hi

When you change the oven temperature you get both first and second order temperature effects. You also impact the degree aging has “settled out”.

The turning point on your crystal is going to be a “that depends” sort of thing. A 20C range is not unusual, even on a crystal built to put in an OCXO.

One question that has not been asked: Are these in cold weld or resistance weld packages? If these are resistance weld then the aging stuff about cold weld parts simply does not apply ….

Bob