[time-nuts] Re: gravity fields affect time keeping?

Demetrios Matsakis dnmyiasou at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 21:05:34 UTC 2023

There have been papers published about why there is no noon/midnight effect, and some dispute by the theorists about the proper explanation for the lack of it.

I can point you to N. Ashby and M. Weiss, 2013, “Why there is no noon-midnight shift in the GPS”, http://arXiv [gr-qc]:1307.6525,https://arxiv.org/abs/1307.6525   These authors, as brilliant as the ones they disagree with, state that past arguments appealing to the second-order doppler shift being cancelled by the gravitational gradient miss the fundamental ideas behind the principle of simultaneity.