[time-nuts] Re: Role of GPS for Kalman Filter

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 2 20:05:31 UTC 2023

Hi

Do you need cm level precision real time or after the fact? If you can tolerate an
“after the fact” solution, then NRCan is your new best friend. Record the GPS data
and ship it off to them. They process it for free and back comes a very accurate
answer.

There are a number of things that get into the “just how accurate is that?”. If post
processing is ok, they can be investigated. If this has to be real time then it’s off
the list.

You still would need to do some work to get north, east, and down.

Bob