[time-nuts] Re: HP 5061A - bad cesium beam tube?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 26 18:19:23 UTC 2023

Hi

Mounting antennas outside a window can be impossible in some situations. If
having the window “unlocked” is a security concern, you don’t do that.

If you have a window that is up and away from things, often a simple chunk of
wood will do a pretty good job of propping it open, blocking the draft, and giving
you a structure to mount a small antenna. Some sort of flexible “foam” insulation
often rounds out the insulation / air blocking part of the combo.

Cost wise ...not a lot. Durability might not be in the “last for years” category. For
a quick and dirty way to get things going, it’s worked for me a number of times
over the years.

Bob