[time-nuts] Re: HP 10811-60111 Oscillators {External}

Jim Muehlberg jmuehlbe at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 12 14:55:10 UTC 2023

John,

I'm beginning to understand that and indeed, the LTC mode appears more
stable at shorter tau.  I am currently measuring using the network so my
sample interval is maxed (min'd?) out at 0.12s due to network delay.
But the trend I am seeing confirms your synopsis.  The environment
probably is not stable, just an ordinary lab/office situation.  Right by
the door too, just to make it interesting!

In the plot, the Purple is the spec for the opt 4 tube, the blue is the
LTC mode, and the tan is the 1s mode.  The reference is another opt 4
5061.  Condition of either 5061 is somewhat dubious, so all this may be
garbage.  Coupled with the fact that I really don't know what I'm doing!

Jim