[time-nuts] Re: Spectracom 8143 GPS Disciplined Osc

Shawn comsec at xmtservices.net
Sat Jan 14 20:25:06 UTC 2023

Thanks Paul,

These clocks are still in service but have not had any TLC.  I will
search for the manual.

I was more interested in any experiences that may be out there with
care and feeding issues.  I know that Spectracom liked them to come
back every few years but they were never very forthcoming as to why.

I also believe there may be aging issues that might contribute to
sporadic behavior, they are circa 1999-2001 and may've been back early
in their life but have not for at least 10 years. The systems they are
part of need to keep going for at least 2-3 more years and there have
been some suspicious clocking related events, all very subtle, that
could be related to their extended service life.

--
Sincerely,

Shawn Tayler