[time-nuts] Re: Spectracom 8143 GPS Disciplined Osc

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 21:29:06 UTC 2023

Cracking up. Circa 2000. Well I have a few bits still working from 1994 and
earlier. Mostly HP test equipment.
That said the typical things that age are mechanical things like fans. Next
the filer caps. Its possible some semiconductors but I have rarely run into
that. Its caps caps caps.
With respect to sending it back, I am sure they checked things out like
sensitivity. But more importantly they may have recentered the OCXO tuning
and lock range. That would be my guess.
Good luck.