[time-nuts] Re: Syncserver S300 power supplies

Andrew Kalman aekalman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:25:55 UTC 2023

I posted some pix of the insides of an Orolia (/Spectrocom) GSG-series GNSS
simulator last week -- it uses an off-the-shelf power supply, with L+N on a
connector, GND on a ring-terminal wire, and then the various regulated
outputs on another connector.

The internal power supply is mounted on ~10mm standoffs above the PCB. I
noticed last night that there are several (maybe a total of three?)
different hole patterns in the PCB beneath the power supply (that is using
one of them). So, it looks like they had the foresight to design for a
couple of different  power supplies, and just had to do some trivial
cabling between the instrument and the power supply to make it all work.

--Andrew