[time-nuts] Re: Low 1/f transistors for oscillator

glen english LIST glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Tue Jan 17 08:48:56 UTC 2023

Thanks Bob and Rick for the time taken to write up the info.

  also, undersampling the output  to an audio amplifier, I can HEAR this
noise, a bit bursty. When I undersample a harmonic of the HP oscillators
I have - I do not hear said noise (  my 10811, or my E1948.) . ....I've
never really paid much attention this close in (1 Hz <= 10 Hz)  but I am
building a much better high performance ADC clock reference than I
currently have.

I have some newer crystals arriving this week from a company in .CZ ,
and I will try a few different transistors and measure also at 100Hz.
Oh ESR as far as I can measure is about 120 ohms they are cheap and seem
to have a bit of non-monotonicity when bending them..  New crystals
coming are 3rdOT  and spec at 40 ohms.

I will report back.

-glen