[time-nuts] Radiocode Clocks RFS1000 Off Air Standard

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 16:52:24 UTC 2023

Around four years ago I was looking for a manual for the Radiocode Clocks Ltd RFS1000, but never did find one.
I've just acquired another one, some of us just never learn:-), so thought it might be worth asking again.
The Radiocode Clocks RFS1000 is an off air standard that locks to the 60KHz MSF transmission in the UK, there was also a version that referenced to the Droitwich signal on 198KHz, perhaps even the earlier 200KHz transmission at one time, but I've never seen one of those.
This one is a later model, later as in 1990:-), with provision for an external antenna as well as the internal ferrite rod, and was originally supplied to a British Telecom Radio Station.
Usage is straightforward enough but any documentation or technical information would be much appreciated.
Nigel GM8PZR