[time-nuts] Re: Residual Measurement on Keysight 53230A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 20 22:37:59 UTC 2023

Hi

The 531xx and 532xx counters in frequency average (=enhanced resolution) mode both suffer
from the “right on frequency” effect. Probably the worst example is a SR620 counter. They do
very odd things error wise when hooked to their internal reference.

The issue with the Ref Out on the 532xx is a whole different thing. You can feed the signal into
an analyzer (of whatever sort) and see that it’s been messed up. Normally the Ref Out and Ref
In on this sort of device stays somewhere near same / same. Not in this case …..

Bob