No subject

Thu Jan 26 17:32:09 UTC 2023

saving time and the change of time zones in Greenland (which also adopts UTC
right then):

"Det foreslåede ikrafttrædelsestidspunkt vil i øvrigt være
sammenfaldende med det tidspunkt i 2023, hvor både Danmark og Grønland
(bortset fra Ittoqqortoormiit på Grønlands
østkyst) overgår til sommertid." = "The proposed date of entry into force will
also be coinciding with the time in 2023, when both Denmark and Grønland
(apart from Ittoqqortoormiit on Greenland's east coast) changes to daylight
saving time."

As per directive "2000/84/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of
19 January 2001 on summer-time arrangements" the shift to summer time happens
at 01:00UTC, that fixes it. Danish legal time therefore will jump by
approximately +3599.977 seconds (i hope I got the sign right) instead of the
expected 3600 seconds at 2023-03-26T01:00 (UTC) exactly.

[UTC(DFM)]

> At some point soonish, they will also start to distribute their
> timescale with NTP and PTP, at which point my 25 year long career
> as unofficial danish provider of illegal time will come to an end.

We are not quite there yet but hope to get that part up and running by the end
of the year.

> Related to that I note with some sadness, that my own time-nut
> activities have taken a back-seat to my involvement in datamuseum.dk.

I'd welcome if you visit us here at DFM some time, and have a look at our new
time lab.  I know there's certainly much to learn from one of the leading NTP
experts...

Cheers,
	Jürgen