[time-nuts] Unobtanium bulbs for HP506x: Found 'em!

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jan 31 12:25:09 UTC 2023

I was watching FranLab on YouTube and noticed that at 11:23 in this
video, she is holding what looks like one of the unobtainum indicator
bulbs used in the HP5061/HP5065:

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIuYmXT1M1E

That leads to "Transistor Electronics Corporation"

In their catalogue:

	https://www.computerhistory.org/brochures/t-z/transistor-electronics-corporation-tec/

On pdf page 9, is the "TIL" lamp-holder, without "-S", and the text says "midget flange base" bulbs.

On pdf page 10, right center, is a picture of "our" kind of bulb.

On pdf page 20 is a table of lamp types, but nothing about threaded models.

Searching ebay for "tec inc", one finds amongst other things:

	https://www.ebay.com/itm/29207748296

Which seems to have the right kind of bulb...

And that seller seems to have a lot of TEC lamps...