[time-nuts] Re: What GNSS module to buy for a good time reference?

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sun Jul 2 21:08:12 UTC 2023

On 7/2/23 9:45 AM, Bob Camp via time-nuts wrote:
> Hi
>
> At the moment NRCan only does corrections on GPS and Glonass. Will they add more systems
> in the future? Who knows ….. Last time I checked the US correction services only ran GPS.
> It’s been a few years since I used them, that may have changed.
>
> Bob

JPL runs all GNSS constellations. On SunRISE we were planning on
augmenting GPS with GLONASS, but we ran out of time/money to implement
that in the receiver. And had we a receiver that could do GALILEO we
could have run that. Not so sure about BEIDOU, given the "thou shalt not
collaborate with Chinese" laws (Wolf amendment).  I suppose there's no
collaboration - we get the signals, we process them, we determine an
orbit, and then we can process it.