[time-nuts] Re: What GNSS module to buy for a good time reference?

Mete Balci metebalci at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 06:32:43 UTC 2023

I also tried using F9T in different ways, and because of my poor antenna
location it was not successful but the most easy to setup and understand
for me was real-time PPP with BKG Ntrip Client. If I remember right, it can
output RTCM and this can be used directly.

I also have Mosaic-X5, and it is naturally better than ublox (~4x more
expensive) but I think the sensitivity of ublox is higher, so with a poor
antenna location ublox is working actually better.

At the end the best solution for my poor location was using the GPS in the
mobile phone, because of AGPS I think, it seems to work better and can get
<10m. I also checked local so-called height control points and surveying
maps to get close to 1m.

The cheapest proper antenna I could find for multi-band and also with
parameters for RINEX was Tallysman TW7972, which has calibration files at
geodesy at noaa.

Mete