[time-nuts] Re: Trinity Timing - How far we've come

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Jul 27 21:34:14 UTC 2023

Hi,

Consider that the concept of count-down time may not even have existed
but added in film for dramatical effect in the film.

Count-downs as far as I know was used in space-race, and become a strong
dramatic concept at that time with televised launches etc.

Rather, if the timing was off a little here or there as such is not the
important part, but all the recordings was triggered with delay circuits
etc. or coordinated start, all depeding on their characteristics, is
enough. The relative timing is all that matters.

For space there is increasing need to hit a "window of opportunity".
because orbital mechanics etc. Today this also considers other
satellites and trash for safety.

Cheers,
Magnus