[time-nuts] Re: Trinity Timing - How far we've come

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 12:48:41 UTC 2023

Hello to the group.
It is fascinating reading. Interesting on the cables just a few lines in
the text. But much of the control was actual twisted pair telephone cable.
They needed to make I believe a 8 mile detour around the gadget. Then there
are explanations of the issues with those long cables and how they worked
around them. The firing cable was buried coax.
With respects to the countdown I wonder also. I firmly believe the
countdown came from the German V2 rocket program. So I have heard.
With respect to timing the supporting experiments and cameras would have
needed the accuracy. It looks like pictures taken were faster than 1 ms.
Thats a lot of film.
So I suspect at detonation or just a bit after the old tuning fork would
have had a big phase jump...
Thanks for a great read.
Regards
Paul