[time-nuts] modules with multiple bands, 1pps, etc

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Thu Jul 27 22:48:45 UTC 2023

I've been looking at the variety of uBlox receivers for a project at
work, where I want multiple bands and a 1 pps to compare against a local
oscillator.

Are there other brands of these that I should be looking at? I'm not to
the point of writing down specs, more figuring out "what's available".

The receiver will be moving (slowly) so a "timing" receiver might not be
the best, although we're planning on doing more than one experiment.

Ultimately, it's to kind of duplicate what we're doing with SunRISE -
receive GNSS and HF signals, time tag them, and then post process.

But cheaper and terrestrial - no million dollar satellites for this one :)

On a similar note we've also got some student project folks using
SDRplay receivers (no GPS) - a whole bunch of high schools
(internationally) are participating in a overall radio astronomy
outreach.  BUT, if someone has used inexpensive SDRs with a GNSS module,
I'd be interested to hear about it.

https://sunrise.umich.edu/ground-radio-lab/