[time-nuts] Re: Loop Antennas

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 7 21:47:29 UTC 2023

Hi

The next layer to this is that some (but not all) WWVB receiver designs appear to rely
upon the “bandpass filter” of the antenna to provide reasonable rejection of “crud”.

Having any sort of resonant circuit out in the back yard has implications. As the resonance
shifts with temperature, so does the phase shift. At VLF phase is indeed a big deal. Just
how big a deal …..

As with a lot of things, you can indeed measure outside temperature and model this or that.
Lots of fun can be had.

Bob