[time-nuts] Re: Loop Antennas

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Wed Jun 7 23:51:40 UTC 2023

Hi Bob,
that is my 60kHz remote receiver,
the remote tuning could be made relative simple, see the attached
circuit diagram; by changing the supply voltage -- right to corner --
between 15V and 20V the tuning voltage for the varicaps  -- D8 and D9 --
will change between +1V and +10,5V, which causes 800pF capacitance
changing the coil  L6 is approx 2,2mHy,
D6 an D7 prevent the damage Q25 gate, the op-amp circuit is matching the
high impedance of the C108 L7 tank circuit to 50 ohm cable impedance. At
the 20 long end of the cable -- with 50 termination -- I could see a p_p
voltage  between 60mV and 500mV here in the Bay Area, in California,
behind the wall, inside of the house, outside I could get at least 6dB more.
I am using that antenna for a frequency reference  --  a 10MHz PLL is
locked to that 60kHz -- only just to verify that the output of the GPS
is locked correct

73
KJ6UHN
Alex