[time-nuts] Re: 5071B

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Wed Jun 14 04:05:17 UTC 2023

On 6/13/23 5:54 PM, Chris Caudle via time-nuts wrote:

> See above.  I see plenty of cars which cost well more than that around
> here, but having a 5071 probably doesn't impress your neighbors as much.

I'd be impressed if I were your neighbor.

But then...

When I got my first munificent "new technology report" award from JPL
($300 - they don't do it any more) I was in a quandary of what to get.
A work colleague said "get yourself a surplus GPSDO.. how many things do
you have at home that are accurate to 1 part in 10^12?"

The die was cast.