[time-nuts] Re: Piezo Systems OCXO Data?

Keelan Lightfoot keelanlightfoot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 22:56:57 UTC 2023

Bob,

Thank you! As I mentioned in my other message to Bob Camp, once I started
actually troubleshooting, I realized my most likely problem is an absent
power supply rail. I still don't know if the OCXO is good, I could test it
in-situ, but it's a bit of a hassle with the way the thing is constructed,
so I'll wait until the parts are here tomorrow to repair the power supply
and check the OCXO output. Regardless, I really appreciate you taking the
time to find this for me, and it's answered some of the questions I've had
floating around in my head.

It's not too surprising Trimble opted to use an HP 10811 clone. Trimble's
first GPS receiver was developed at HP. With the future of the GPS
constellation uncertain, HP lost its appetite for pursuing what might be a
dead end and sold their gestational GPS product to Trimble.

- Keelan